From: Won Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 10:13 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Laptop

At 09:05 10/7/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I think the best advice I can give you Won is to shop based on your needs.
>
>For instance, if you know you won't be watching movies, or playing system
>intensive games, there's no need to pay extra for a high end video
>card.  If 256 is plenty of memory for what you want to do, dont give into
>their sales pitches for 512. If 40 gigs is plenty big on the HD, don't pay
>for 80....etc.
>
>For what you plan to use the machine for, with the rebates and the like,
>you should be able to get a relatively cheap machine.

That's the thing, I'm not sure what my needs translate into.  I figured 512
MEGs of ram, 40 gigs (it's the smallest), and get an external HD if I
really need one (but I don't think I will since I can just connect my
laptop to my lan.  The thing that I'm really in the dark about is the video
card and the processors.  The laptop will travel with my every day - but it
will be in a car so I don't care too much.

  _____