> > Robert  wrote:
> > I love this kind of nutty self-loathing from liberal revisionists.
>
> You know what I hate?  Someone who assumes they understand another
> person's ideas based on a few emails.  But you know what's worse?
> When the person starts tossing around labels they heard on a talk
> show
> to make their poorly thoughtout ideas sound intelligent.

> > The Israelis are  clearly defending themselves
>
> It's only clear if the assumption is that the land they are defending,
>
> is the Israelis.  If you think the land is the Palestinian's then it
> would be the Palestinians defending their land.  Wait - then it's not
> clear at all.

Sure, if you support the destruction of Israel. Gee, the Jews only occupied that land
for oh, a couple of thousand years, so they have no right to it.

The Palestinians deserve a homeland, but they don't deserve to take all of Israel as
their homeland. That is the stated goal of the groups that are attacking Israel. How
is it not self-defense?

> >  - Neither Israel nor the U.S. has any intention of intimidating or
> coercing anyone.
>
> Shock and awe?  Begin Doctrine?  Arms race?

By anyone I mean civilian populations. Beat up the bad guys? Of course. Beat them,
bomb them, throw them in spider holes.

> > who says the good guy/bad guy thing isn't black and white?
>
> Mr. Munn for Secretary of State!

I'll be expecting a letter of recommendation when Powell resigns after W is
re-elected. No more kid-glove treatment for the U.N. over the Oil-for-Food scandal,
I'm going to rub their noses in it. Tough love, baby!

> >  If war is the failure of civil political discourse, terrorism is
> the disdain for it.
>
> Waiter!  Check please.  The chow mein was delicious.

That's a good one! Are you going to be in New Orleans? If Kerry wins I'll buy you
dinner.