> Robert wrote:
> Sure, if you support the destruction of Israel.

You know, I'm not sure who's land that area is.  I haven't read enough
to come to any definitive conclusion on a historical claim.  My guess
is, though, any historical claims are out the window.  I would also
guess that both parties would gladly give a little for peace.

I once heard a Palestinian and an Israeli arguing about that.  The
Palestinian women said that she wanted her house back (It turned out
that her family had been evicted by the Israelis and she was living in
a refugee camp).   The Israeli that was living there said she would
gladly give it back if only the Palestinian woman would get her
family's house back that the Germans took during WWII.

I'm guessing these disputes go in circles.  It doesn't surprise me
that the either side would say they'll only accept the elimination of
the other - that's basic negotiating.

I don't know what the answer is, but I think the current war the fault
of both.  The solution will only happen when both of them take
responsibility for that.