Brian,

The flu shot is very important to senior citizens and people with
certain health problems. I get one every year because of asthma. I got
one this year because the hospital where I just spent a week ordered
early and I had just had a pulmonary embolism. In 2000, during the
last shortage, the city of Las Cruces decided to restrict flu shots to
senior citizens and I did get the flu. I was so ill some co-workers
thought I had tuberculosis and complained to management.

In other words, if it is important to you it is VERY important to you.
Some people die from the flu and if you aren't one of them hey, nice
for you, but that doesn't mean other people's doctors are wrong when
they tell them they need one.

Dana