Disproportionate is a loaded word as America gives about the same to Egypt.
In addition, the 'aid' is not directly in cash, but in subsidies to buy
American products. This 'aid' has led to the loss of many Israeli businesses
such as shoe manufacturers. It's easier to buy on the American aid than to
make locally.
Personally, I'd love for America to cut off (or cut back) aid to Israel,
Egypt and the others. Egypt uses its aid for weapons. Remove the aid and
they'll have to stop building up arms for a 'future war with an unnamed
enemy to the east' and take care of their people.
But this is besides the point. The article had nothing to do with aid. It
had to do with the overt and covert anti-semitism in the democratic party
and the 'strangeness' over Jews staying with the party and ignoring it.