Kevin,

You've managed to encapsulate my criticisms of the MBTI exactly. What
many people forget is that these are not all or nothing - its not
binary in which you are or are not type X. Rather we score on these
things along a distribution. By trying to fit people within a type
(which BTW is so antique thinking in psychology that it was refuted in
the 1930's and 40's by Raymond Catell), you limit their responses and
behaviors. For instance how different is a person who scores just
under the cutoff for E from one who scores just over? According to the
MBTI they are very different, yet you talk with them and they are more
similar that those who are on the extremes.

larry