> Kevin wrote:
> I personally hate these kinds of tests. I find that people use labels
> to limit themselves and their perception of others.

Normally I'd agree with you, but in this case I can't due to empirical
data.  I think the key is if both people know what their personality
types are.  If they do, it assists in communication.

Time and again I've seen it difuse arguments and broker deals.  It
just works - try it with your wife!  Both of you take the tests, see
if you agree with the description of your personality and, if so, use
it as insight on how your wife may like to get or process information.

My wife and I have been using it for a few years and it makes a huge difference.

Little things that used to cause fights are gone.  She'll say, "I know
you're an ENTP so you'd like to go the party, by my ISTJ is really
kicking in and I think we should stay home.  To help fulfill your ENTP
needs, however, how about if we ask Jane and John over?"

Works like a charm!