When a game is released for all three major consoles, I buy it for the
Xbox - NFL 2K5, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell - but each platform has
its excellent games that will not be, or will see a major delay in,
porting across systems (provided they aren't first or second-party games).

One of my favorite games in the last few years is Legacy of Kain: Soul
Reaver.  I bought it when it came out for the Playstation, and went
through the game, thoroughly enjoying every aspect of it, especially the
graphics.  Soul Reaver saw a lot of ports - the Dreamcast, the PC, etc.
- with lots of advances in graphics and sound, but I played each one and
really found myself returning to the PS1 version - I loved the way the
developers used the system's limitations to heighten the gritty
environments.  When the bitmap resolutions were bumped up for the DC and
all the other antialiasing/filtering/etc. were factored in, the game
looked great, but lost some of the atmosphere I liked about the original
PS1 version.

- Jim