I was having a discussion about Halo 2 with some friends on another
mailing list yesterday.  Basically, I was completely unimpressed with
Halo.  I rented it and sat down with it for a couple of nights, and
really tried to enjoy it, but the storyline was choppy and
uninteresting, the controls were ham-handed, and the feel of the game
felt cheap.  I really couldn't see what anyone saw engaging in the game.

What's interesting is MS hyping the bejeezus out of Halo 2, which has -
what - a larger color palette, deathmatches and two weapons at once?
Are they trying to establish Master Chief as some sort of invincible
action hero a week before Gordon Freeman returns from hiatus?  I don't
get it.

- Jim