Yeah. Marathon was like that. And that was while PC guys were stuck in
the flatlands of Doom.

I played Halo a little when it first came out but I wasn't terribly
impressed. My biggest problem was with the controls of a FPS on a
console. No matter how hard or fast you jam that controller stick to
the side, there's still a limit to how fast your guy is going to turn
around. Whereas with a mouse, there is a lot more control over the
motion. When I set up a new game I tune the game's mouse speed so that
I can twitch it a certain distance and I know that I'll be immediately
facing exactly 180-degrees from where I started.

I know there are adapters now that let you connect a mouse and
keyboard to get the highest level of control, so maybe I'll give it
another go.

And as an old-school Marathon fan, I'm intrigued by the Halo story.
But I hear the SP is somewhat lacking and the real action is MP and
I'm hesitant to pay yet another service fee just to play online.

-Kevin