<quote>
Wait - how can it NOT be a deterrent?  There are people that cut me off at
the traffic circle on my way home every day, I have some enemies, but I
certainly won't kill them.  Why?  Cause I don't want to spend my life in a
cell or die from Lethal Injection.

Side note: I probably couldn't kill anyone anyways, no matter how much I
hate them.  I'd rather just smoke a doobie and chill my emotions out.  I am
just trying to explain that without fear of repercussion, people would be
free to do what they want.

So, I think that the death penalty does deter violent crime.  Maybe some
don't think things through (think crimes of passion here) before committing
them, but for the most part, it works.
</quote>

Because, I doubt very much, those who do commit murder stopped for a moment and
went.  "Hmmmmm, if I kill this person, I may go to prison for life or be
executed."  The crime is either committed without any thought at all, or
calculated such that the criminal thinks he can get away without being caught
and punished, whatever the punishment is."

Now, I'm not completely against the death penalty, some case probable do
deserve it. But I do feel there are a lot of mistakes made and allot of fringe
scenarios where the case is not so clear cut.  Of all the possible punishments,
death is rather irrevocable.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.