Gruss, how much would it take for you to agree with the *ultimate penalty*?

Would he have to admit it?  Smoking gun?  Bloody seaweed in his sock drawer?

Just wondering if you are standing on the anti-DP side or are just irked by
this particular case.

Ray

I can't answer for Gruss, but I can give my opinion on why I probably lean the
same way as Gruss.

It is fairly easy to point at individual cases where the seriousness of the
crime and the identity of the criminal are definitive enough to deserve the
death penalty.  But it is just as easy to find cases where mistakes by the
police, DA's and juries have put people not guilty of the crime they where
convicted of on death row.

For this reason, I generally do not support the death penalty because our
system is not perfect, and death is not reversible.  While being locked away
for 20 years for a crime one did not do is about as horrible as it gets, being
killed for the same reason is probable a bit worse.

So, until society can prove our Justice system is infalible I am not infavor of
irrevokable sentances.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.