-----Original Message-----
From: Sam

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:14:19 -0400, Angel Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Iraq had the weapons according to the UN. Saddam agreed to destroy them to end
the war but then reneged. According to Hans Blix the
weapons Saddam was known to have were still missing and Saddam was still
refusing to cooperate. This was a little over a month
before the war and 12 years after he agreed to disarm.

He had weapons, he used the weapons, and he refused to show he destroyed the
weapons.

Analogy: a known terrorist is spotted with a backpack in a crowded market in
Israel. When he realizes he's recognized he yells
they're only books and runs. Chances are he'll be shot.

He actually said:
"I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction — like many here in the
United States, many around the world. The United
Nations thought he had weapons of mass destruction," Bush told Walters. "So,
therefore: one, we need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence
gathering. … Saddam was dangerous and the world is safer
without him in power."

One more thing:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/129kwktg.asp