> From: Dana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> My question was, how many of your neighbors did you talk to? Or was it
> just fortressTangorre?
>
> PS Was this shitty neighborhood the apartment complex in Glenmont
> where you had the lease problems?

Yes, Glenmont it was. Lease problems.... oh the memories.

I was raised very well: hold doors, be polite, say please and thank you,
hold the door, smile, assume the best, etc... moving down to the DC metro
has put a huge cloud over all that. We were friendly with one other couple
in the building: Ty and Jen. Ty and Jen were awesome... both cops! One
white, one black... both friendly as could be. I started out being nice to
everyone but how many nights of Mexican Dance music blaring on DJ speakers
in a 1 bedroom apartment can other tenants take? How many times do
unsupervised kids have to run into my car and ding it up? How many times do
they loiter in front of the building so friends and family did not feel
comfortable stopping by? It only became "fortress Tangorre" after we tried
and failed to live comfortably. That place left me with a real glimpse into
how most people around here live.... which is why everything costs a
fortune, to try and keep out the all the crap mentioned before.... which is
why the DC Metro area is so separated less by race and more by income
level... poor wheaton, rich bethesda, rockville spans all the income ranges,
silver spring as well... you get the point.