I'm somewhat suscpicious of these findings, in that if you look at the
NORC dataset 2000 and Beyond, the correlation between race/ethnicity
and socio-economic status is well above .50. In other words If you are
black, latino, NA indian etc.,  you are more likely to be poor than if
you are Caucasian or Asian.

larry