Dana,

I do think racism and discrimination is real.
I do not think that all discrimination, however, is based on race.
I do not think that Affirmative Action should be dismantled, yet.
I do not think that Affirmative Action is actually fixing anything. It is a
stop-gap. It is more like a tourniquet. Useful but dangerous if used too long.

The very facts that Gel cites (as soon as AA is removed in CA, things fall
apart) proves that we aren't dealing with the underlying problems.

Like you, though, I am much more informed today than I was yesterday. And
Monday will be a whole nother level, I think.

Here is an article I enjoyed reading:
http://www.brookings.org/dybdocroot/gs/Projects/Race/AFAM_Pred_chapters.htm

Its not all rosy and light. But it is better than it ever has been.

Jerry Johnson
Web Developer
Dolan Media Company