-----Original Message-----
From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Both you and Gel are not understanding what I'm saying.  I am not saying that
America is fair and discrimination free - it isn't,
and it never will be.  We are in complete agreement about that.

What I'm saying is that if you're a minority in this country, and willing to
traverse roadblocks, you can go to a top school and get
a top job.  Period.  I know people that've done it, I've done it, my wife has
done it, and many, many others have done it.

I know people that've moved here at 40, are black, and not spoken a word of
english.  10 years after coming to America they're top
people in their field.

If you're committed to, say, being a partner at a top law firm, you can be.
You may face discrimination along the way, you may have
to go to school B instead of school A, but you'll get it done if you're
committed.  If some moron tells you to take a personality
test or says you're too dumb to succeed, leave.  You to a different firm, go to
a different school.

The bottom line is, if it's not race or sex, it'll be weight.  They don't like
you because you're too fat.  Or too skinny.  Or too
short.
Or too tall.  Or have red hair.  Or have have curly hair.  Or speak too softly.
 Or too loudly.  Or they don't like your family.  Or
it's Tuesday.  Or whatever.

You can be a victim, or you can achieve your goals.  It's your choice.