> Dana  wrote:
> It's a little insulting to hear a white male lecture me on overcoming
> obstacles.

I'm not white!  And I don't mean to lecture you, so I apologize if it
comes across that way.

However I mean to be clear on my point: sure there's discrimination,
but we don't need affirmative action any longer to protect us.  If
you're smart and have discipline, AA is insulting - it's unneeded
assistance offered to the perceived weak.

I don't need any special help or programs to reach my goals and I
would get pretty insulted if someone took a look at me and thought I
did - before I ever said a word.  And that's what affirmative actions
does.

At the U of MI, didn't black kids get 20 points just for being black?
That's wrong.  Using race (or better worded, culture) as a single
factor among many is fine.