Age limitations have always kind of puzzled me.

According to the law, you are a minor until you turn 18. Before this age,
any crimes you commit are supposed to be handled by a juvenile court, where
the penalties are tempered by the supposition that the defendant's relative
young age shields them from the level of culpability found in adult cases.

Juvenile court punishments are generally seen as attempted learning tools,
trying to shape the person positively for their adult life, which begins at
18 and carries significantly higher punishments for similar crimes.

Doesn't all this go out the window when minor after minor is being charged
as an adult, regardless of their age? If somehow the brutality of the crime
supercedes age, then why is age included at all?!??

Perhaps the law should/could be re-written so that crimes committed before
the age of 18, are eligible to be tried in the juvenile system. Whereas all
crimes committed after that age, are not. Each case could then be judged on
an individual basis, taking into consideration whether the age of the
defendant may or may not be a crucial consideration.