##| -----Original Message-----
##| From: Jim Davis
##|
##| So, in short, right now I consider cryogenics to be a
##| complete waste of money.

Ahhh. But what else do you do today that is a complete waste of money?
Let's put some perspectives in place ...

Just a hypothetical list to start with ...

Not being healthy = waste of money on future illnesses
Do you eat out a lot because you "have no time to cook"?
Do you pay for services you don't use?
TV channels not watched?
High phone bills for phone call you never make?
Have the heat too high?
Leave lights on?
Use too much water?
Too much gas?

NOW

Cryo not up to par today? I'll agree ... But I *don't think* we are
dying today.
In the next 5 years they could make GIGANTIC steps in the cryo-sphere

Is any life insurance policy really worth it?

Life insurance is for people who have no retirement plan in place.
If you have a solid retirement foundation in place, investments, IRAs,
etc ... Then life insurance is not needed.

It's purpose is if you die suddenly, or if you have no retirement nest
egg, then your survivors would be able to pay off your debts and bury
you, and be able to live if they relied on you for their sole support.

If your benificiaries are already taken care of by their own means (this
applies to any parents which children already working and making a
living) then insurance policies should only exist to cover death
expenses and debts.

Life insurance policies should not be used to make your beneficiaries
rich.

In my case, we have no beneficiaries. We are either leaving our money to
some animal foundation or spread amongst some friends. Our insurance
policies only need to cover our immediate cremation/cryo freezing
expenses and any debt we leave behind - although with no immediate
family members ... We could kick off and just leave the anyone we owe
money to, to write it off.

So my bottom linie: I don't believe it's a waste of money. But that's my
case. YMMV :D