On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:14:41 -0600, Jim Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, he could have said what you suggest, but that sounds to me more
> like mollycoddling

Jim wins the wacky word of the day award! Mollycoddling, mollycoddling!

> To me, that language sounds like it's telling social conservatives to go
> piss up a rope.  Not that I mind that particular sentiment :) but it's
> definitely not a fair statement to make, in my opinion.

It's funny. I'm reading Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy right
now. The best part of it is all the quotes from the press and
politicians of the various time periods he's writing about. "Piss up a
rope" would be mild compared to the acerbic vitriol that the 1850's
press used when deriding someone. It really does point out just how
very tepid someone like Dan Rather is, and for people to be blowing a
gasket about it is simply amazing when viewed through the lens of
history.

-Kevin