Consider that maybe she doesn't want to die and doesn't have to be the
way she is. We don't know because her husband hasn't bothered to find
out. The issue here is that the lower court is traditionally the
finder of fact, and so you can only appeal on procedural grounds. But
the case is fundamentally wrong. Nobody should have to fight like this
to make sure that good medical care is available to anyone. I would
not be arguing this if there were an opinion in from a neurologist
based on an MRI.

Look at it this way, even Scott Peterson is going to get his appeals.
But Terri Schiavo does not because of a catch-22 -- she can't divorce
her husband because he is trying to kill her and he can try to kill
her cause she can't divorce him.

But hey, with sufficient media repetition that someone's life is not
worth living, I guess it all becomes good. I am beginning to
understand rants about the media. There is no good evidence that this
woman is in fact in a vegetative state. I got more diagnostic care
than she did when I went to the ER with a headache for chissake.

Dana