From: Daniel Lancelot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 23:23
To: CF-Community
Subject: FW: Boogying to techno

umm...
it is,
in winamp there is / you can download Nullsoft MP3 Plugin (out_mp3.dll)
which can save a steam down to mp3 however, by default I think you can
only record at 56kbps - to do more you have to purchase the professional
version of the fraunhofer IIS codec - and I don't think its cheap...
(several hundred dollars I seem to remember) there is a hacked version
called Fhg Radium MP3 codec v1.263 (but i dont think its legal).

As its a realaudio/video file you also need a decent real plugin for
winamp - the only one I coulp see on winamp.com was the tara one - and
although it works, it doesnt seem very stable - I think I found a better
one once...

Then all you need to do is to select MP3 output plugin for output - and
play the streaming file - and it places an mp3 file on your hd for each
file you play...

Bear in mind if you have a lowish bit rate RM file, and you save it as a
similar bit rate mp3 file, massive quality reduction can occur!

I'm sure there are simpler ways of doing this if its streaming mp3 you
are recieving, but I couldn't find another way of doing it with mp3
files.

Cheers

Dan