Well, I guess you're right with that example.  That is a little more
accurate.

I guess in the legal sense, this is not evil, but from the consumer
point of view, I think it is.  In your example, considering the couches
were the exact same, I would go back to the guy next door and buy his.

Of course, I understand the devil's advocate part.  I do it all the time.