I think you're missing my point:  I'm not saying that the list is
impossible, but rather that as more superstars are added to the roster it
becomes less believable, whether or not it's true.

Matthew Small
Web Developer
American City Business Journals
704-973-1045
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 

-----Original Message-----
From: S.Isaac Dealey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 10:53 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Anybody Read The DaVinci Code?

> But the people who are in charge of nuclear defense are
> not well-known artists, scientists and forward-thinking
> members of their own time, are they?

I fail to see how that has anything to do with anything... It's a
"secret society", not a "society of unknown people". You said (to
paraphrase) "it'd be unlikely for a bunch of famous people to be
members of a secret society because you wouldn't want famous people
protecting its secrets" -- I was simply pointing out that we have well
known organizations and well known leaders whos job is to protect
secrets, so the idea that a well-known or even famous person can not
be involved in a secret organization is frankly a silly notion.

The tools and the organization used to keep certain secrets have
changed over the years... Something like our modern CIA would have
been rather difficult (if not impossible) to organize during the
renaissance -- and given the lack of tools during the erra, I would
think if I were a member of a secret society concerned with the future
and with keeping secrets, that I would want to recruit smart people
with the enginuity to devise better ways of keeping those secrets. In
today's world I'm sure recruiting smart people to keep secrets is a
complicated and political process and probably involves avoiding
recruiting famous people, since we have lots of ways of determining
who among the general populace might be good at keeping secrets.
During the renaissance I would imagine it would mean seeking out and
probing (to determine if you could trust) people who were known to be
smart: well known scientists and forward-thinking members of their
time. In other words, famous people.


s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework

http://www.fusiontap.com
http://coldfusion.sys-con.com/author/4806Dealey.htm






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support 
efficiency by 100%
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160502
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to