Didn't wedo this already?

On 6/30/05, loathe wrote:
> Yes we did.  we took troops, weapons and money out of Afghanistan that we
> needed to persue the Taliban and Al Qaeda fighters that came here and killed
> Americans.

I realize Tommy Franks has been retired for some time but in his book
he said he got everything he wanted/needed.

> > 2.) It erodes world support for America (except for Russia).
> > I don't agree.
>
> Great argument, how about you ask someone from overseas their opinion of
> what's going on?  How about you look at some of the opinion polls and all
> the research showing that we are far less respected internationally than we
> have ever been.
Because it's a tired argument.

> > 3.) It creates a test bed for techniques and weapons.
> > Doesn't every war? The difference is the terrorists are dying in this
> > training camp.
>
> More terrorists are coming from other nations everyday.  This has become a
> problem in Afghanistan as well.  Look at a map sometime and see how many
> Islamic nations there are buddy.
Stupid comment but I'll play. Would you rather them go to the
battlefield or come to our cities, because they will come after us.

> > 4.) It creates a terrorist recruiting dream: find the good attackers
> > and take them global.
> > Huh?
>
> Recruit the good cell leaders, export them to the 'new' conflict areas like
> asisa.
>
> > 5.) It depletes America's war chest.
> > Helps us clean out the old tired weapons and build fresh ones :)
>
> Ok, and who is going to pay for that?  Also how is an M-1 Abrahms, or the
> M-4 rifle, or the 150,000 a shot Javelin an old tired weapon?

We have a military budget. I was refering to amo, bullets and bombs.
Don't they need to be destroyed and replenished if not used for a
while?

> > 6.) It demoralizes Americans.
> > Only people like you do that.
>
> You are a fool
It's hard to have an adult conversation with people when they act like children.

> > 7.) It demoralizes our troops.
> > Only people like you do that.
>
> See last
>
> > 8.) It creates a false sense for security for people that buy the
> > "fight them there" propaganda.
> > As opposed to the real security of just sitting around and waiting?
>
> How about investing in real border and immigration security?
You think that's it we pull back all the troops from over seas and
line them up on the borders and sit and wait? I think the last batch
came in legally.

> > 9.) It creates an enormous risk of CREATING another Afghanistan.
> > They grow poppy in Iraq?
>
> No, they have oil.  Far more valuable.
I just got lost. Afghanistan has oil?
How will this make Iraq like Afghanistan? Will the Taliban move to Iraq?

> > 10.) Americans are dying 2 per day from criminals of convenience
> > rather than global terrorists.
> > You think the insurgents are just criminals and not global terrorists?
>
> I think some wouldn't give a shit about the US if we weren't in that country
> right now.

Such wisdom.