> Matthew wrote:
> You can't divide everything so neatly, Gruss.  I value liberty, and I have
> my own values of human decency.

But you can - Here's the question you have to answer:  If your Gay
neighbors get married, how does it inhibit your pursuit of happiness?

If it doesn't but you still oppose Gay marriage as law then you'd say
that your preferences should be imposed on all US citizens.  That
isn't liberty but your version of acceptable lifestyle enforced by the
police.  People that favor this state imposed oppression are call
Social Conservatives.

Voting doesn't indicate liberty (most dictators are voted into office,
e.g., Iran), the principles you uphold do.  If you start
discriminating amongst freedoms, then you're allowing oppression.