As you know, I don't think that torture has proven effective. If there
was real suspicion of terrorist activity, surveillance might be an
option. The problem then being, what do you do when on of them leaves
the house wearing a heavy coat. Don't think I don't appreciate the
difficulty of the problem. But it seems to me that either:

a) they're illegal aliens being made to look like terrorists for some
reson, leading me to question the story and its origin

or

b) if they are terrorists, and we deport them, don't we lose a
valuable lead. Look at Mr 20th hijacker. On being refused entry to the
US he went to Afghanistan to attack US.

Dana