On 7/29/05, Michael Dinowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Will the ability to hide who is posting be good here? The post will still be
> there, but the name associated with it will not.

Not really. You can strip out the name from the header information,
but it's a lot harder to strip out any and all possible personal
information from the posts themselves. And the case that prompted this
was Tim sharing his personal phone number in trying to reach out and
offer a helping hand. Sure he may have meant to do that off-list. But
in a private list it would have been less of an issue that it got sent
to everyone.

It's not a big deal, but sometimes I've just thought it would be nice
to be able to think of this list as a small gathering of friends
hanging out at someone's pad rather than sitting in a public square
with a bunch of microphones around.

-Kevin