I agree with you - eating massive amounts of canned anything will get
you sick - I had a friend in college who actually got scurvy from a
similar diet.  Although, not mercury poisoning.

Anyway, I did want to point out that cooking food at 2,000 degrees has,
along with nutritional loss, also has the unfortunate side-effect of
utterly vaporizing whatever it was you were meaning to cook.  :)  Looks
like it's more along the lines of 250 degrees of tuna-scented steam heat.

http://www.sentech.org/CHP4foodprocessing/seafood.htm

- Jim