From: G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 02:29 pm
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Venezuela offers fuel, food to hurricane-hit US

> Your implication that Mr. Bush is a Republican is an insult to
> Republicans as he has signed into law some of the most lavish pork
> bills in history.

Bush is a Republican...he's not a conservative. As the mainstream democratic
party seems to be going farther and farther off the liberal deep end, the
republican party seems to be shifting with them. Unfortunately, instead of
settling nicely in the middle, the republicans are pushing the worst aspect
of their own party (social moralization and theocratic leanings) with the
worst aspects of the democrats (out of control spending).

It really is the worst of both worlds right now it seems.

> As to Katrina, while I agree with you that Mr. Bush has pursued
> short-sighted destructive environmental policy, the odds that even his
> best effort (which would, at most, be semi-coherent) would have
> altered Katrina, are negligible.

I think i'm as tired of global warming as I was with El Nino. This idea that
we have some sort of over-arching master control over mother nature is
laughable.

Save the Planet......bullshit, planet's fine.......we're the one's who are
fubar'd.

> Mr Bush, after all, has proved to the world that a simple man can
> indeed pick smart people, but rarely can he make a team.

You've got 4 smart people who believe ABC, and you've got 4 different smart
people who believe XYZ.  You need to choose a team of 4.....you choose all 4
people from the first group.

You have chosen smart people, but you have not chosen smartly.