From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 10:02 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: WSJ: Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin failed their constituents

> Maureen wrote:
> The emergency declaration requested by governor and
> granted by Bush put FEMA in charge.

And even if that weren't true (which it is), the President isn't
supposed to sit by while people die because the Gov can't make a
decision.

He is responsible because he's been given the power to be responsible.
 Nobody is, therefore, to blame but him.

Academically we can discuss where the breakdowns were and, in that
light, certainly Mr. Bush is not the only one to have failed.  But he
was elected and given powers not to fail.  The fact that he did means
he is simply not fit to lead the country.

Further, his apologists are also unfit be they Democrat, Green, Black, or
Blue.