I have no problem with forceful arguments, however, name calling isn't
the way to win an discussion. If anything, it further polarizes
people's opinions and creates far more inflexibility.

One approach may be to use killfiles. While they are not perfect, it
does help relieve that sort of stress that comes from really wanting
to kick the crap out of that complete idiot who is a completely
clueless apologist for the other side -- regardless of what side you
are on.

It may also bring the civility of this list back to where it was before.

larry