From: Benjamin Falloon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 10:22 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Ouch

The WHOLE point of the treaty was to prevent the development of
anti-ballistic missile defend system because such a system would UNDERMINE
the principle of M.A.D (mutually assured destruction). If you develop a
system to defend yourself then you're basically progressing the idea that
nuclear war is a feasible possibility and that it is tolerable. Nuclear war
is not feasible. Developing a defend system provokes conflict, not prevents
it. It's the same old "treat the symptoms rather than the cause".

The 90s were a release from the fear of nuclear war with the end of the
soviet union... Why go back in time and create another arms race. Because
doing so satisfies the ultra-right desire for arms build up and make a lot
of people filthy rich off govenment tax dollars.

Benjamin