At 02:34 PM 12/13/01, you wrote:
>The entire congress in not directly involved in this stuff.
>
>The committees that work on this are not the same ones that take care of
>the CDC.

If Mr. Bush made the CDC a priority, congress would rubber stamp it like
have everything else he has asked for since 9/11

>The people who are responsible for this are not doing their jobs. There are
>billions of dollars that go to nothing. They need to stop frivolous
>spending. I don't think the defence system is frivolous.

You're right.  The people responsible aren't doing their jobs, and that
includes the executive branch.  Blaming this on congress is a total cop-out.

I don't think defense spending is frivolous either if, as I said, it is for
appropriate use.  An anti-missile missile that fails 50% of the time
against a radar painted target, and will probably never be used doesn't
seem a very appropriate use of money or effort, or a very valid addition to
the defense arsenal.  It seems...(what's the word I'm looking
for???).....frivilous?