The entire congress in not directly involved in this stuff.

The committees that work on this are not the same ones that take care of
the CDC.

The people who are responsible for this are not doing their jobs. There are
billions of dollars that go to nothing. They need to stop frivolous
spending. I don't think the defence system is frivolous.