> No, you weren't listening.

True, i was reading :)

> There is no scandal involving the SHOOTING. That is a tragic accident
> in which all parties have suffered.
>
> The "scandal" involves the handling of the event itself, the
> appearance of a media cover-up or intentional delay, and the
> allegations of media disdain.

Not really sure how it can be a media cover up when it was the people
involved that notified the media. Intentional delay? Maybe. But um...so
what? It happened, they reported to the media that it happened. Nobody seems
to be lying about what actually happened. So......what is the difference
between reporting it instantly, and waiting 22 hours, seriously?

> Whether this SHOULD be a scandal is a valid question. Whether this IS
> a scandal is not in dispute, I think. Just open any paper, watch any
> news channel for two minutes, or watch the late-night tv shows.

I have, and all i've seen are people pretty much making light of the
situation. Though i think that will probably change now that this guy's
condition has deteriorated a little bit.

> I don't think even if the guy dies there will (or should be) any
> charges. Cheney has been cleared, it was declared an accident by the
> investigating authorities. It could become a civil lawsuit, but I
> don't see criminal charges out of this.

I dunno, i thought in an incident like this, even though it was an accident,
it was as a result of negligence on the part of Cheney. I think charges
could be filed.