I don't see the Nationalisation of enterprises which utilise the
countries non - renewable resources to be a bad thing.

Those 'private industries' were not owned by venezuelans, and they
were not acting in the intersts of venezuela. A lot of them got their
holdings under suspicious circumstances from previous regimes. They
were all foreigners and foreign oil companies.

A lot of the land as well was held, acres upon acres.

Think of if three states, Louisianna,texas and iowa were owned by 5
wealthy families, some of them Iranian who refused to sell the land to
the state, or to allow any development on them unless they approve it.
I'm sure you would be as against 'Nationalisation' then as you are
now.Actually, I know you would not be against it, you would be all for
paying these people for the land and claiming it for the State so that
housing, hospitals and other necessary infrastructure can be built and
the remaining land sold openly to private business interests.

Nevermind the US does not want a UAE firm running it's ports but
prefers to 'nationalise' it or to give such contracts to countries or
entities it trusts. You prefer that Venezuela leave all its Oil
processing and drilling in the hands of countries that have openly
sought the assassination of their leader and who make threatening
statements and hostile remarks at every oppurtunity.Makes perfect
sense ayup.

When Chavez does exactly the same thing as all the other industrial
countries suddenly he is a dictator.

That is nothing more than propaganda, and that is all anyone has
against Chavez at the moment. until such time as the venezuelan
economy fails because of his social and economic policies, or he does
away with democratic and fair elections none of the remarks made
against him are anything more than speculation.