> tBone wrote:
> What "continue to spiral"?  We are in the middle of a world war.

No we're not, we've got a crime problem.  When Tim McVeigh blew up the
fed building, that wasn't a war.  Just a crime.

> it would polarize
> nations against each other, not stopping wars, but leading to them.

Somebody needs to be capable of speaking agnosticly.  If any country
invades another "to stop an evil dictator" it just causes mistrust,
doubt, fear, anger, and then a bigger war.

Empirical data - Iraq 1: UN cooperation, world acceptance.  Iraq 2: no
UN cooperation, world doubt.

If the US wants to stop terrorism we need to get the cooperation of
the world and act as a single unit.  That's the only way to isolate
and stop it.  Acting as a beligerant nation just multiplies your
enemies which is exactly what Mr. Bush in office has done.

Look at poor Gel - he hates us and he's not Muslim, nor a terrorist,
nor from the Middle East.