From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 9:27 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Bush reconfirms nuking Iran, sorry :)

> tBone wrote:
> The UN should be gutted.  It's insane to expect that ANY sovereign
> nation would want some third party, potentially made up of his
> enemies, telling him how to run his country.

I disagree with you big time on this.  I think the only way to prevent war
is to have a 3rd party that has the moral high ground and is a place to set
global values.  Which are hopefully Democracy, freedom of Religion, etc.

When you don't have this you end up with dictatorships and nobody
responsible for getting rid of them.  It's like the vacant house in the
neighborhood that's nobody's responsibility for - it drags down the whole
neighborhood.  It's only when all the homes team up that you get rid of it.

That having been said, the current UN may not (and probably is not) this
body.  But it could be and that should be our goal.

Without it, the world will continue to spiral into war.