well yes, selective reading would be one defense and denial would be another.

::shrug::

Please feel free to believe what validates your previous beliefs.

"The Pentagon adviser on the war on terror confirmed that some in the
Administration were looking seriously at this option, which he linked to a
resurgence of interest in tactical nuclear weapons among Pentagon civilians and
in policy circles. He called it “a juggernaut that has to be stopped.” "