And the fact that many overseas votes (primarily republican military
personnel) were thrown out for Gore.

Big deal.  It's happened in both of the last major elections to me.  I can
honestly tell you, it's only who swears in that matters.  Bush won.  Might
have been irregular, he may have cheated even, but he won.