Doh :)

Laws regarding equality in voting do kick in once a state decides to allow its
citizens to vote, however.  And, of course - as you mentioned, there is no law
compelling delegates to vote for the candidate that was voted for by the
ballots.  And, of course, the winner of a presidential election is really not
official until after the vote by the electoral college.  There have even been
cases of faithless electors casting votes for someone other than the candidate
that they pledged to vote for.

Howie

--- On Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:02 PM, Jerry Johnson scribed: ---