But that's not an apt example G-man.

You were talking about the propensity for religions to instruct their
believers to force their beliefs upon others, or otherwise to preach an
intolerant message of "we are right, they are wrong".

The catholic religion, for all it's silly institutions and other
oddities...is generally very good about respecting other religions. And as
i've stated before, their basic teaching is that you share your beliefs with
others not by preaching to them, but through your good deeds in the service
of man kind.

When the Pope talks on matters of faith or morals, he is only talking to his
believers....others can, and probably should, just ignore him!