>Ignore all the other bullshit, and just read what Jesus says, and what he
>does. Call THAT your Christianity, follow those tenets, and you'll be in
>good shape.

That's all I've been trying to get at this whole time. The focus on who's going
to Hell is just one aspect of Christianity.  Shouldn't people be held
accountable for their actions?  If you disagree with the standards that are set
forth in the Bible, please, feel free to ignore them - but don't be surprised
when you suffer the consequences.  Hell is the most severe consequence, but we
all have to pay for our sins when we stand in front of the Maker.

The main part of Christianity is the love for fellow man through Jesus.  We are
directed to love one another no matter the religion or acts.  However, this
love does come with an expectation that your life centers around loving Jesus
and doing things in His name for the benefit of mankind.

As thinking beings, we ought to be able to determine when a person is doing
something wrong and enable him to do right.  We all discipline our children -
when you don't, you end up with a spoiled child.

On a personal note, I respect anybody's faith when it's based on something
sound - whether it be Pentecostal, Muslim, Buddist, or something else that has
a real meaning.  What I don't respect is the wishy-washy "do what feels right"
movement where everybody thinks they deserve rewards for just existing. Faith
is a matter of believing and then acting on those beliefs.

Children going to Hell is a terrible idea.  I was brought up believing that the
unknowing would not be judged by the same standards of the knowing. I hate that
someone would think that we all as Christians believe this is some sort of
rightful judgement, and I'm sure that Jesus Himself would have something to say
about it.

As for versions of the Bible to believe, we all pick and choose what it right
and wrong.  Maureen did say something right about asking for proof of the
supernatural.  It's a silly concept.  The supernatural is something to be
observed by an individual,and it will manifest itself only when it feels like
doing so, not upon command.