On 9/18/06, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You see... this is where I lose you guys.
>
> Why is God needed for that?  Why is any supernatural force
> needed?  Learning
> from Wisdom is something that us atheists can do just as well as the most
> devout believer.

God isn't needed for that...but millions of people use him anyway, and
that's not a problem, is it? You ask "Why", but you could also ask "Why
not?"

Visual Studio isn't NEEDED for me to write my .NET apps....but it sure helps
:)

Why love through Jesus and not just love?

Why NOT love through Jesus? With all the criticisms of organized religion,
which are mostly valid, few people dispute the obvious goodness of the
person described as Jesus Christ. Taking his words and actions as an example
for how to live your life just seems like a good idea to a lot of people,
and I can see why.

Again atheists have proven
> themselves capable of the same acts of selflessness, philanthropy and good
> works as the most devout believer... what purpose does the middleman
> serve?

Absolutely, atheists do their good without a middleman...countless millions
of others do their good WITH a middleman. That is the purpose it serves. You
may not need it, or want it, but others do....and that's OK.

Why is the atheist the most distrusted minority in the United States when in
> fact the level of crime amongst affirmed atheists is much lower than that
> of
> believers?

Because too many organized religions teach that they are right, and others
are WRONG. Now, other believers may be wrong...but at least they believe.
You atheists...wow...you are REALLY wrong!

Jim Davis