On 11/8/06, Rick Root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's NOT debatable.  There are no WMDs.  IT's not being debated anymore
> BECAUSE it's not debatable.

Colin Powell said Iraq had 500 mustard shells that were missing. We
found them buried in the desert. Even though we were looking for much
more, you can't say we knew they didn't exist. On top of that
thousands of suspect sites have never been checked. Then there are the
trucks to Syria.

> >> - that Iraq did *NOT* play a part in 9/11
> > Nobody ever said they did

> Many of the Bush cronies implied that Iraq was involved.  A ridiculously
> large percentage of American's BELIEVED they were involved because of
> the lies spread by the GOP about it, in order to run up support for an
> invasion.

I'm sick of hearing "well people thought it". People think the economy
sucks right now. I can't answer for the masses. Saddam was linked to
al Qaeda but not 9/11maybe that's where the confusion is.

> >> - that Hussein did *NOT* support terrorism
> > He most certainly did. Proven.
>
> Actually, it's been proven time and again that Saddam did NOT support
> terrorists - at least not financially or by providing safe haven for
> training.  Hussein felt that terrorists couldn't be controled, and he
> didn't want them in his country.

Check Jeff's response

> >> - that Iraq was *NOT* an imminent threat.
> > The new docs say otherwise
>
> What new docs?  Iraq had no WMDs, no chemical or nuclear weapons program
> of any kind and no real ability to get there because of the heavy
> sanctions they were under.  Iraq was dirt poor after we bombed the shit
> out of them in the first Gulf War.  They were a threat to no-one but the
> Iraqi people.

Foreign Military Studies Office documents
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/008423.php