Robert,

So you are saying that every service man that takes a camera, or
notebook, or diary to war is doing so to further a
some-day-in-the-future political career?

That all of the pictures of Abu-Ghraib were taken for that purpose?

Or is it just John Kerry who had that particular motive?

Secondly, you contend that people don't become politicized overnight
by tramatic events? All of the vets that came back from war (pick any
war in our history) and ran for office were scheming the whole time to
use their service as a political tool?

>From my experience growing up around local, state and national
politics, I would say that almost _all_ of the politicians I know
personally were driven into politics by some tramatic experience that
forced them to get into the (to them) dirty job of politics. The
events range from increased taxes on family farms so that their
cousins lost the family farm, to anger over emminant domain plans for
roadwork, to a fight against an openly corrupt incumbant. Few of them
got into it for the limelight or the love of politics. Admittedly,
some were lost to the dark side, but that was _after_ being in office
for a while.