> umm yeah .. but isnt the reason they are
> investigating/refining the cloning
> procedure to be able to mass clone quickly/easily/effectivly ... I

I wouldn't say thats the main reason. I'd say the main reason would be
general scientific advancement. Certainly being able to produce a
'Super' animal, like a very fat cow is one more reason, but I don't see
this leading to cloning factories per se.

> personally cannot see a single reason for cloning a cat ... I

Sure - they were testing. I don't think they are going to start mass
producing cats. I figured (assumed) they were just using a cat so that
they can try something new. I could be wrong.

-rc