On 3/21/07, Nick M wrote:
....

> I've called Apple support before, they all but hang up the phone on me.
> I was trying to get more information on when Safari would begin would
> work Kerberos Authentication. They guy didn't know what that was, and
> basically told me he couldn't help me, and there wasn't anybody there
> that could. We have a reasonable size contract with Apple, so I was
> fairly surprised by that.


I've had the same experience, but reversed.  I guess it depends on who
you call / know, (well, I *know* it does, re: Gateway).

I really just wanted to give some kudos to Safari-- have you checked out
it's baked in debugging stuff?  Lordy!  I wish FF had some of that!  They
ARE getting stuff out the door-- it's NOT like Internet Explorer-- heck,
Safari has put out new versions pretty regularly, I think FCKEditor might
even be able to work with it now ;-)  They're slow, but not THAT slow.
I use it over IE, any day of the week.

I think that Apple still has a smoother user experience-- I'm one of those
"hey dude, help me set up my comp"s, and I can set up anything, so I
see anything (I had 10 sun workstations for a while... ;-), but mostly I
see PCs and Macs.  There are some problems that are universal, like
"my multi printer doesn't do X", or whatever, but in general, hooking up
a camera or whatnot is pretty seamless with OS X.

I bet it's a lot better in Vista, but it wasn't seamless in XP-  I have
people
in the labs ask about downloading video off their stuff for PCs more than
Macs.

See, one of the things that pisses me off about the Mac is /how freaking
simple/ stuff is.  I'm not used to that.  I'm used to obscure twiddling*,
and
whatnot, vs. "just drag the thing over the thing" type stuff.  Lots of times
it turns out that there is some easy way (and note: intuitive, for someone
who isn't conditioned to PCs) to do what I want, but I'm used to looking for
some "PC" type of way of doing it, vs. just "doing it".
*obscure twiddling -- computer centric ideas instead of "life" centric, if
that
makes sense.  Macs got that "physical" manifestation Jim spoke of.. :-/
**thank god for BSD-- I use the terminal the most outta all my mac progs.
;-)

PCs are a lot better, but there's MUCH less calls for help from my Mac
people. And Note: I'm better with PCs- er, well, have more experience. :]

Heck, I used to have people call and ask how to plug the parts of their
new PCs together-- Since color coding and stuff, it's much better, but
that's an area where Apple has excelled as well.  It's more even now, but
I'd still give a slight edge to Apple.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Upgrade to Adobe ColdFusion MX7
The most significant release in over 10 years. Upgrade & see new features.
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion?sdid=RVJR

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:231070
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to